At Large Document Solutions, we partner with libraries to provide cutting-edge digital imaging equipment – including flatbed and book scanners – to digitize, preserve, archive and share your special collections.
Here are 5 reasons why this is so important:
1. Special collections include fragile, rare, valuable and irreplaceable items such as books, manuscripts, records, newspapers, photos and more. Digitizing these items ensures that they will be preserved for future generations.
2. Preservation reduces replacement costs of old materials, enabling your library to focus on acquiring new materials.
3. Unique collections – made available to researchers across the globe – distinguish your institution from other libraries and increase your visibility.
4. The digitization of these materials is a crucial step in chronicling history and protecting cultural heritage.
5. Digital versions of your archives help your library reach a new audience by improving equity and access to information, and fostering community engagement.
While you may already be well-versed in digitizing your library’s special collections, selecting the right equipment to handle your materials can be very overwhelming. With our extensive product offerings and depth of expertise, we are able to recommend the best equipment for each unique library. We are fortunate to work with numerous academic, public and special libraries throughout North America. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance to you!